We are looking for
a qualified Medical Oncologist or Clinical Geneticist.
Cancer Genetics is intellectually challenging, requires a high level of empathy and excellent communication skills. It is also hugely rewarding.
Our patients come from a wide variety of backgrounds and ages. We see them via Telehealth throughout Australia as well as in rooms in Ultimo, Wahroonga and soon, Revesby.
Your rolewill include all aspects of patient care including:
– Patient assessment and examination
– Interpretation of pathology reports
– Pedigree drawing and cancer risk assessment using validated tools
– Ordering and interpreting genetic tests (germline and somatic)
– Creating medical letters for patients and doctors with a high degree of accuracy
– Participation in journal club, conferences and workshops
Our ideal specialist is
An RACP fellow, APHRA registered and has Medicare billing rights who is
– Empathetic and able to maintain a very high degree of patient confidentiality
– Organised, focused and able to work independently
– Able to follow set procedures and pays attention to detail
– Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and perhaps Genie patient software
– Has a high level of verbal and written communication skills
– Able to explain complex concepts to patients of varying backgrounds and education levels
Like to join us?
Call us on 02 9403 0438, download our advert or email us for more information.