We are happy to see all patients concerned about their familial cancer risk. This includes patients that have not had cancer themselves.
Genetic testing may affect a patient's treatment choices. Please refer patients with an active cancer early as testing may take 5 weeks and may have an impact on their treatment choices.
Address your referral to Dr Hilda High, Sydney Cancer Genetics. Please include:
- your patient’s cancer history (including age at diagnosis and pathology report if available)
- Reason for the referral +/- family history if known
- patient’s preferred phone number
We see patients throughout Australian but have just one point of contact:
- Fax: 61 2 9304 0468. This is our preferred method for receiving referrals
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: PO Box 845 Broadway, NSW, 2007, Australia
- To discuss the specifics of your patient’s case or to ask a general question Phone: 61 2 9304 0438
We are a private practice and do not bulk bill face to face consults.
We are happy to see patients via video Telehealth, even if they live in major cities. Under the COVID19 item numbers, these patients can receive the same Medicare rebate as a face-to-face appointment.
All Telehealth consults that meet the MBS 112 criteria are bulk billed as part of our support of rural and regional patients.
Also, we bulk bill genetic testing if the patient meets the Medicare criteria.